Avoid aspirin, aspirin-containing products, similar blood thinning products and anti-inflammatory medicines (such as Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin or Aleve) for 5 days prior to the biopsy procedure, unless otherwise instructed at the time of scheduling.
- If you are taking a blood thinner, such as Coumadin, check with your referring physician before your biopsy, as you may need to briefly discontinue use of this drug;
- If you have any questions concerning whether you should continue or discontinue taking a specific medicine prior to your biopsy procedure, please contact our office at least five days before the date of your scheduled biopsy;
- On the day of your biopsy, wear a comfortable two-piece outfit, including a comfortable supportive bra;
- Do not use powder, lotion or deodorant;
- Light meal only before the procedure.